We are a unique and interesting group of people here at 317Grow, and we love it. As our clients, you may only get to meet a handful of our team members, and even then you may not get to know them very well. We're aiming to help you get to know some of our team members better this spring as we roll into the new season. We picked 20 interesting questions to ask our team, so look for these posts added to our usual mix every now and again. Today we'll get to know a little more about Kelsey, our studio manager and design assistant. Kelsey went to Ball State for Landscape Architecture, and she has been with us since 2014.
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
- What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
Painting and sculpture
- What skill would you like to master?
I’d like to be secretly amazing at one sport or game like darts, golf, pool, etc. just to see the surprised faces
- What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?
Hiking the full Pacific Crest Trail
- What songs have you completely memorized?
“No Duh.” -K.Flay
- What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?
"Did anyone do anything about global warming yet?"
- What are some small things that make your day better?
Fresh hot coffee. A good guest on Terry Gross. Sunshine. When Alice comes to work.
- What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?
- What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
- How do you relax after a hard day of work?
Chardonnay, leggings, & very, very loud music
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
Swim in an ocean & climb a mountain
- What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
Started planning my next vacation
- What amazing thing did you do that no one was around to see?
Last year a bat got in my house, and I caught it mid-flight with a towel in less than a minute.
- What fad or trend do you hope comes back?
- What city would you most like to live in?
Santa Fe, NM
- What movie title best describes your life?
'Road Trip' -or- 'A Tale of Two Kitties'
- What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?
A few years ago, on a camping trip out west, my best friend and I won the last two passes to hike through “The Wave” in Arizona. Only 10 permits per day are issued, and we got called for the very last spot, on the only available day we had to do this hike. It’s a desert hike with no marked trail, to a very cool rock formation you may recognize from Microsoft Windows desktops. (Google: The Wave Arizona)
- Where do you usually go when you when you have time off?
Art museums, state and national parks, bars
- What is the most impressive thing you know how to do?
I can play the marimba and some other percussion instruments. In the grand scheme of things I'm not amazing, but it's a weird skill that people are impressed with.